Sunday, March 6, 2011


This is getting old!
Supposedly it will be spring soon. According to the calendar, it has to be. Yesterday we heard geese, which Grandpa Bill means there will be bud- break in six weeks. (That’s April 16, in case anyone’s counting). Really, there were a whole lot of geese – the sky was as full of honking as a parking lot in a bad traffic jam. It was so warm last night that we were tempted to leave the winter coats home when we went out to a movie. I woke up during the night and heard rain. Good, I thought, more melting.
When I got up this morning, it was still raining. I don’t mind driving in rain and I had to get my friend June who was coming for breakfast, a chat, serious tea-drinking and knitting. When she’s around, she lives about 4 miles away. It was snowing so hard, with so much ice and slush on the road, it took about 15 minutes to get to her place. They’re now saying 12 to 16 inches of total accumulation is expected. I’m planning to settle in with a batch of handwork and, of course, more tea. I'm working on another tatting book - I've already begun laying it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment