Wednesday, April 6, 2011



I didn't want to keep posting about snow, snow and more snow. Aren't we lucky? The precipitation has turned, for the most part, into rain. Though yesterday, during our exercise class at the church, a bunch of us looked out the windows and saw... oh no! that white stuff. After a while it turned back into rain.

After the last time I wrote to you, I was pretty busy preparing for various classes. I've still got a bunch to teach - next week I'll be in Spokane, Washington, teaching and selling my books and threads.

Here's an odd thing - both Grandpa and I broke teeth in the past week. Mine got halfway fixed - I've got several l-o--n--g dentist's visits to finish the job. Grandpa had his pulled. Both of us got the same snide question - from two different dentists - when we sadly showed them the saved pieces of broken tooth, "Were you saving that for the tooth fairy?" Then they took our tooth pieces and threw them away. Here's some sad news: when you're older than, say, 12, the tooth fairy no longer visits you with money or nice presents.

I found this poem - it's actually part of a poem called "The first Spring Day" by Christina Rosetti, and the last line sums up how we feel right now about the weather.
I wonder if the sap is stirring yet,
If wintry birds are dreaming of a mate,
If frozen snowdrops feel as yet the sun
And crocus fires are kindling one by one:
Sing, robin, sing!
I still am sore in doubt concerning Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment