Wednesday, November 2, 2011


Grandpa Bill is back after a whirlwind trip to Indiana to visit his friend Gerry. With my car. (I did NOT enjoy driving his truck!) We compromised, because it’s a long trip, on having him break his journey with Meg on the way there and the way back. Probably a good thing to do. While he was gone I did some canning and a lot of cleaning. I made apple butter that came out really, really good, much better than my grape jelly which came out as a dandy sauce to put on ice cream. They do say to watch proportions, and I clearly hadn’t been paying close enough attention on that one.

I was surprised Friday morning, to come back from a trip to the post office, after hanging out the wash, to see it actually steaming in the air! It did eventually dry, but it hadn’t gone on the line hot – the rinse cycle on the washer always is cold. It looked magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment